Friday, February 25, 2011

GoDaddy Overview

I created my own website in 2006 using GoDaddy for my Domain, Hosting, and Traffic Blazer. Over time I have developed a love-hate relationship with them. 

I'm going to start with the positives. They have excellent technical support. The phone call is not free, but I have unlimited nationwide calling, so that is not an issue for me. Since they're located in Arizona, and I certainly hope they stay there, their tech support people speak English. They are knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. One of them even helped me with a computer problem that was not website-related.

As for the negative, their own website is primarily geared toward selling more products. I find the screens to be overly-busy and rather difficult to navigate. I actually had to write down how to upload my updates, because each time I went to do it, I had to search all over my account.

I'd be interested in hearing other folks' opinions and experiences with them or other registrars. No horror story rants, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment